Despite the issue in the industry, Huawei is not slowing down in releasing new devices. Though there’s still humor about the recent US ban aftereffects, some US companies such a Google show a positive response in supporting one of China’s tech giants.
We were invited from the recent product launch of Y9 Prime 2019 to witness what’s in the bag of this new device for their fans. The Regional Product Manager of Huawei, Mr Li Pin mentioned some of the key specs that will beat their competitors in the market. Mr Pin mentioned that the Y9 Prime 2019 is designed for consumers who wanted to taste the technology without breaking the bank with it’s price tag of P12,990. Below are some interesting details for Y9 Prime 2019:
- TUV certified and approved with Low Blue Light Certification
- Auto pop-up camera which was tested by 100k times to test the durability, it has 1 second pop-up timer
- Durability wise, it can stand 25KG ground pressure in case it will drop
- The back cover is made of 3D composite material which is available in 3 colors.
- AI front camera, equipped with 16MP 1.0um F2.2
- Rear camera is 16MP + 8MP + 2MP, main camera is able to provide 16 subjects generated by AI
- Night shot exposure is 6 seconds, 3D portrait lighting, Super Slow Motion with 480fps at 16seconds
- Kirin 710 Processor
- AI gaming powered by Smart Shock to deliver 4D experience
- Battery is 4000mAh battery that can video playback of 22 hours or 108 hours of gaming
- It has 128GB ROM + EMUI 9.0. It also has built-in digital balance to manage the time spent on screen
We know that the pop-up selfie is one of the key specs of Y9 Prime 2019 and definitely we’re hands down on the mechanism and durability. But rear camera is also important, so we test it and here are the results. Click the image to see our unfiltered shots using Y9 Prime 2019:
Note: All shot was made by an Auto mode camera trigger.Side by side shot comparison of Huawei Y9 Prime to Huawei P Series:
We love still life shots.
How about Landscape shot? Yes it can.
Pre-order period will be from July 1-12 in selected multi-brand shops and Huawei Concept Stores nationwide. Exciting freebies awaits to those who will join the pre-order in selected stores.
Huawei is constantly surprising the market by listening and giving what the Philippines consumer want. Y9 Prime 2019 is another game changer, rear camera can also produce decent digital images aside from the pop-up selfie. Good specs smartphone on a budget. Thumbs Up!